Ben Franklin didn't accept the Puritan notion that God was responsible for everything.
Puritans pleaded with God for improvement and the Puritans believed in God for everthing.
Rationalist in America wanted to acheive order and Explanation of the natural through science. Rationalists men and women also believed that human society was run by natural laws. They believed everything through science and believed that they could take a scientific approach of self-improvement.
When he said he would conquer all the either natural inclination, custom, or company might lead him into, that is an good example of of being a rationalist. The reason why I chose that one is because he believes in whatever happens it happens for a reason.
1. Tranquility-don't be disturbed at unavoidable things
2. honesty- tell the truth for everything even when I feel that i should lie
3. Respect- have respect for myself and for other people
4. Plans- Know what I want to do with my life; plan everything before it happen
5. Confident- believe in myself; never doubt myself
6. Organized- put my things in places very neatly
7. Responsibility- Do things for myself
8. Resolution- Do something without fail
9. Order- To have my things organized
10. Moderations- keep away from extreams
11. Justice- amitting what is my duty
12. Sincerity- think innocently
13. Fragality- I don't need to waste nothing
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You have done some really good work on these two sections. You are still missing the direct evidence I am looking for in both.
I can help you with this if you need, and it will bring your grade up substantially.
Leave me another comment when you have added the direct evidence from the text to help show me what you are telling me about.
Post a Comment